The UMASH website had almost 48,000 page views and over 4,700 downloaded resources this year. These were our top pages based on the number of downloaded resources:
- Needlestick Prevention – We developed these resources to educate about how to prevent injuries in swine and dairy operations.
- Farm Safety Check: STOP-THINK-ACT – This is a simple yet powerful tool that encourages everyone on the farm to consider the task or chore at hand, ask themselves how their actions could contribute to a safe and productive outcome, and stop if it can’t be done safely.
- Ag Educator Teacher Resources – To assist teachers in incorporating agricultural safety and health, UMASH has compiled a list of resources that can be used during the academic school year.
The UMASH YouTube channel had more than 26,000 views in 2022. Our top viewed and watched videos this year were:
- Protección de Cerdos y Personas contra la Gripe. This video addresses flu transmission from humans to pigs and pigs to humans and the necessary precautionary steps to avoid spreading the virus. This video is also available in English: Protecting Pigs and People from the Flu.
- One Health Explained. This video describes how the environment, animals, and people affect each other and how important this is for agricultural health and safety.
- Cómo Mover las Vacas con Más Eficacia – This video is one of a five-part series on safe dairy handling, available in both English and Spanish.
Over 1,900 people are subscribed to our email list! These were our most engaging emails this year…which were your favorites?
- Keep safe while working in the cold
- Working through the Winter: Cold Stress Toolkit
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) is on the move
Our top posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram highlighted highly pathogenic avian influenza prevention, anhydrous safety, and healthy habits:
see our HPAI toolkit.
Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
our Q&A with Registered Dietitian, Melissa Jaeger.