Prescription Opioid Use in Occupational Health Care: Reducing Risk and Improving Safety
MAY 5, 2017
The 2017 National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Symposium was held Friday, May 5 at Mayo Memorial Auditorium at the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. The symposium was co-sponsored by the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety (MCOHS) and the Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH). The featured speaker was Dr. Thomas Wickizer, Chair and Stephen F. Loebs Professor, The Ohio State University College of Public Health. The event featured a presentation by Dr. Wickizer, a Q&A discussion, research poster session, and reception.
View the video below
Posters Presented by UMASH Researchers and Pilot Project Recipients
- Bender J, Green DR, Evanson J, Alexander BH. Injuries among swine workers related to needlesticks.
- Green DR, Evanson J, Bender J, Alexander BH. Misclassification of Animal Handling Injuries to Swine Workers.
- Alexander BH, Bender J, Keifer MC. Building Partnerships in Agricultural Health and Safety, Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH).
- Alexander BH, Bender J, Murphy D. Adapting the Haddon Matrix to Incorporate One Health Approaches in Occupational Health and Animal Agriculture.
- Walker R, Munoz-Zanzi C, Schotthoefer A. Characterizing the Epidemiology of Positive Lyme Confirmatory Tests in North-Central Wisconsin: 2000-2015.
- Stinebaugh K, Schotthoefer A, Walker R, Munoz-Zanzi C. Tick-borne Disease Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices among U.S. Forest Service Workers.
- Sun J, Sreevatsan S, Knutson T, Marthale D, Yang M, Davies P. Characterization of Staphylococcus Aureus in Swine Veterinarians and its Transmission at the Human-Livestock Interface.
- Kampa D, Peterson C, Liebman A, Bender J, Alexander BH. Dairy Worker Safety: Moving from Problem to Solution.
- Bendixsen CB, Barnes KL. Rural Firefighters Delivering Agricultural Safety and Health.
- Liebman A, Reyes I, Juárez-Carrillo P, Ninco Sanchez Y, Keifer M. A Culturally Appropriate Health and Safety Intervention for Immigrant Dairy Workers.
- Sheridan C, Roy N, Rose-Davison K, Leonard S. Predictors of Best Practices in Farm Air Quality Sampling Among Young Producers.
- Swenson R, Wilmes E. Engaging Dairy Workers with Stockmanship and Safety Messages: Research Findings and Implications for Communication Strategies.
- McGovern P, Saunders, JB, McAlpine D. Stress and Resilience: The Impact of the 2015 Outbreak of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza on Minnesota Poultry Growers, Farm Workers and Industry Stakeholders.
The NORA Symposium is co-sponsored by the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety Education and Research Center (MCOHS) and the Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH).