Critical Challenges Facing Occupational Health and Safety – Today and Tomorrow
MAY 4, 2016
The 2016 National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Symposium was held Wednesday, May 4 at Mayo Memorial Auditorium at the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. The symposium was co-sponsored by the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety (MCOHS) and the Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH). The featured speaker was Dr. John Howard, Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The event featured a presentation by Dr. Howard, followed by a Q&A discussion, research poster session, and reception.
View the video below
Posters Presented by UMASH Researchers and Pilot Project Recipients
- Green DR, Evanson J, Bender J, Alexander BH. Injuries among swine workers related to swine human interactions.
- Alexander BH, Bender J, Keifer MC. Building partnerships in agricultural health and safety, Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH).
- Kampa DM, Ryan AD, Rasmussen R, Alexander BH. Public perceptions of agricultural worker safety results from the ‘what’s behind your food?’ survey.
- Kampa DM, Rasmussen R, Wendorf E, Alexander BH. Implementing an ag safety pledge to raise awareness and building stakeholder engagement.
- Sánchez YN, Liebman AK, Juárez-Carrillo P, Reyes I, Keifer M. Culturally appropriate health and safety intervention for immigrant workers in dairy.
- Bendixsen C, Barnes KL, Schenk D, Perkins J, Keifer M. Spheres of influence.
- Barnes KL, VanWormer J, Sandburgh S, McClure D, Waring SC, Keifer M. Surveillance of disease and injury in Wisconsin dairy farmers and workers.
- Roberts M. Occupational safety and health curriculum development and training for minnesota agricultural educators.
- Rajjo T, Rho J, Murad MH. Worksite screening for cardiovascular risk factors among migrant agricultural workers, a pilot study.
- Swenson R and Wilmes E. Engaging dairy producers: stockmanship, farm safety, worker education and communication.
- Lin H, Liu W, Hu B. Distribution of hydrogen sulfide in minnesota foaming and non-foaming deep-pit swine barns.
- Greg Schweser, Carlos Figari, and Peter Raynor. Worker health and safety of an integrated poultry and cropping system.
The NORA Symposium is co-sponsored by the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety Education and Research Center (MCOHS) and the Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center (UMASH).