COVID-19 has dramatically changed the way that we work on the farm: food production systems have been greatly taxed, and as with all essential work, agricultural workers have higher COVID-19 risk.
Tools for Workplace Safety
- 13 new or updated Farm Safety Checklists
- Handwashing posters (English | Spanish)
- Safety and health lessons that are ready prepared for the virtual classroom
- YouTube Videos
- Regular updates via web, email, and social media
- Guide on respiratory protection in response to PPE shortages
- Q&A relevant to COVID-19 in agriculture
- Web landing page with infection prevention guidance and region-specific resources
- A COVID-19 vaccine page
Responsive Research Projects:
- The management of airborne virus particles
- The COVID-19 -related needs and biosecurity practices of MN and WI dairies
Tools for your Mental Health
- A toolkit to guide community-based trainings and conversations around mental health and stress.
- Virtual suicide prevention classes for agricultural communities.
- Customized resources for identifying and supporting individuals with signs and symptoms of stress
Virtual Farm Show
To stay connected with the agricultural community and share key safety information, we hosted the UMASH Expo, a virtual farm show
- Roughly 1,500 unique participants
- Over 40 virtual exhibit booths
- Over 30 live safety talks
- Three live demonstrations