2016 REQUEST FOR PRE-PROPOSALS
Pre-Proposal Deadline: January 28, 2016
The Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health Center is requesting applications for small grants ranging from $5,000 to a maximum of $25,000 to address health and safety issues related to agricultural workers and their families.
UMASH is specifically interested in projects that address the concepts outlined in the NIOSH National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) for agriculture and in the NORA strategic goals, and approach agricultural safety and health challenges using a One Health model that considers the connections between human, animal, and environmental health to address issues important to agriculture in the Upper Midwest.
This announcement is open to investigators working in academic, government, community, industry, or health care settings who have the knowledge, skills, and ability to carry out the proposed work.
The UMASH pilot project program will consider proposals that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Develop innovative ideas in agricultural safety and health research, education, and outreach that have high probability of obtaining additional funding.
- Conduct exploratory activities to characterize emerging issues related to the health and safety of agriculture workers and their families.
- Create new partnerships to address health and safety of agriculture workers and their families by bringing together multidisciplinary expertise to initiate new and innovative activities, e.g. a symposium or conference to develop a new collaboration (it is anticipated these would be lower cost activities).
At this time we are calling for pre-proposals. Interested investigators should send a one-page summary of their proposed idea to email@example.com addressing the following points;
- Summary of the problem, including who is affected and how it relates to agriculture in the Upper Midwest
- Institutions, organizations, individuals involved
- Specific hypothesis/objective to be tested or achieved
- Population to be studied/engaged
- Expected outcome
- Potential for future funding to extend this work and potential funding sources
- Approximate cost (this is non-binding)
The pre-proposals will be reviewed and selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal. The full proposal instructions can be found at https://umash.umn.edu/how-to-apply/
The following timeline is anticipated.
|Pre-proposals due||January 28, 2016|
|Requests for full applications||February 5, 2016|
|Proposals due||February 26, 2016|
|Awards announcement||March 11, 2016|
|Projects completed||March 1, 2017|