COVID-19 has dramatically changed the way that we work on the farm: food production systems have been greatly taxed, and as with all essential work, agricultural workers have higher COVID-19 risk.
Tools for Workplace Safety
- 13 new or updated Farm Safety Checklists
- Handwashing posters (English | Spanish)
- Safety and health lessons that are ready prepared for the virtual classroom
- YouTube Videos
- Regular updates via web, email, and social media
- Guide on respiratory protection in response to PPE shortages
- Q&A relevant to COVID-19 in agriculture
- Web landing page with infection prevention guidance and region-specific resources
- A COVID-19 vaccine page
Responsive Research Projects:
- The management of airborne virus particles
- The COVID-19 -related needs and biosecurity practices of MN and WI dairies
- A toolkit to guide community-based trainings and conversations around mental health and stress.
- Virtual suicide prevention classes for agricultural communities.
- Customized resources for identifying and supporting individuals with signs and symptoms of stress
To stay connected with the agricultural community and share key safety information, we hosted the UMASH Expo, a virtual farm show
- Roughly 1,500 unique participants
- Over 40 virtual exhibit booths
- Over 30 live safety talks
- Three live demonstrations