Agricultural Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week 2019
SAFETY: Know Your Limits
March 3-9, 2019
#ASAP19 #USAGCenters #KeepFarmsSafe @FarmBureau
The American Farm Bureau’s Agricultural Safety Awareness Program (ASAP), UMASH and the US Agricultural Centers funded by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) are spotlighting agricultural health and safety with a variety of resources for farmers and ranchers, farmworkers, farm families, and others to promote Ag Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week.
The 2019 Agricultural Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week will be celebrated March 3-9. The theme for the week will be “SAFETY: Know Your Limits” and will highlight a different safety focus each day of the week.
- MONDAY – Emergency Preparedness
- TUESDAY – Livestock
- WEDNESDAY – Heat Stress and Hydration
- THURSDAY – Roadway Safety
- FRIDAY – Hearing Safety
Follow us on social media for resources on these and other agricultural health and safety topics, as well as information about webinars during ASAP week.
YOU CAN HELP SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT AG HEALTH AND SAFETY!
It’s easy! Using the provided ASAP Social Media Toolkit and other prepared resources, you can participate in ASAP Week!
- Topic-specific audio PSAs recorded by farmers
- Pre-written social media posts with links to safety resources
- Themed photos to share on social media
- ASAP Week logos
- Links to UMASH ag health and safety resources
In addition to the prepared resources, we encourage you to develop your own promotional ideas! Promote ag safety at your workplace and in your community, reach out to local farm businesses, protect your workers with safety training, host an event, share in media and news.
Make ag safety part of your conversation throughout the week!
JOIN THE FUN AND PROMOTE ASAP WEEK.
YOU MIGHT WIN A FLASHLIGHT!
Deadline for submissions:
Friday, March 15 @ noon CST
- POST a farm safety tip or fact on social media.
Use HASHTAG: #asapFlashlight
- PROMOTE farm safety at events or workplace.
- SHARE about ASAP week in a newsletter.
- REACH out to farm businesses or co-ops.
- PROTECT your workers with training, equipment, or other safety measures.
- TELL us what you did.
Submit the form at z.umn.edu/asap-flashlight
- Featured Topics
FREE ag health and safety resources including videos, fact sheets, and posters on a variety of topics.
- UMASH Resource Database (English)
Download agricultural safety and health resources created by UMASH, our pilot project programs, and collaborating institutions.
- Base de datos de recursos de UMASH (Español)
Una variedad de materiales de seguridad y salud en agricultura creados por UMASH y organizaciones con las cuales colaboramos.
- UMASH Ag Safety and Health Spotlight
UMASH Ag Safety and Health: Stories from the Field highlights the stories of farmers and farm families – their experiences with injury or disease on the farm, as well as what they learned and suggestions for prevention.