ONE HEALTH IN AGRICULTURAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
The One Health philosophy plays a key role in UMASH research, education, and prevention projects:
Photo credit: earldotter.com
- Zoonotic diseases are caused by pathogens that are transmissible between humans and animals. What are they? How are they being transferred? How can they be prevented?
- Changes in production practices that benefit animal health and well-being can impact worker health and safety.
- Injuries and lost days of work place a financial burden on farmers and producers. Reducing injuries should be a farm business economic strategy.
- Technology is being used to help clinicians and farmers get injured workers back on the job quicker.
- Culturally appropriate training curriculum has been developed and is being tested training immigrant dairy workers