Lead the Way in Agriculture
March 6 – March 10, 2023
American Farm Bureau Federation’s Ag Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week was created to bring awareness to safety and health issues facing the agriculture industry. The U.S. Agricultural Safety and Health Centers are joining American Farm Bureau Federation in keeping friends and family safe and healthy this year by recognizing common agricultural hazards with the theme “Lead the Way in Agriculture.”
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Use hashtags #ASAP23 #LeadtheWayinAgriculture
- ASAP Week Promotional Toolkit
- ASAP Week Graphics
- Subscribe to the UMASH email for agricultural safety news, events and safety resources.
The 2023 Agricultural Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week will be celebrated March 6-10, 2023. The theme for the week will be “Lead the Way in Agriculture” and will highlight a different safety focus each day of the week that affect rural farms, families and communities.
- Overall Theme: Prepare.Prevent.Protect.
- Monday: Mental Health – Recognition, reaction, awareness
- Tuesday: Preventive Health Care – Take care of yourself
- Wednesday: Safety Culture – Tailgate meetings, incentives, buddy system, and more
- Thursday: Situational Awareness – Wildlife, grain bin, and confined space safety
- Friday: Temperature Related Safety – Sun safety, heat stress, cold weather protection, and more
This promotional toolkit, through a coordinated effort with the U.S. Agricultural Safety and Health Centers, has been developed to promote specific topics and provide safety resources that fit with the daily themes of ASAP Week.