12:00pm - 1:00pm
Dan Neenan, MBA, Paramedic, Director, National Education Center for Agricultural Safety
This Hazard Communication Standard training program is intended for female workers and managers in the agricultural industry. This includes dairy farms and small farms that hire at-risk populations. The major focus of the program is on the identification of and the safe usage of chemicals and pesticides, along with respiratory protection.
At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Explain the basic requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard
- Differentiate between physical and health hazards of agricultural chemicals
- Recall the requirements of a written hazard communication program
- List the components of a hazard communication training program
- Interpret the information contained in Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Describe the requirements and purpose of hazard warning labels.